Image: Zac Durant, Unsplash
Your right hand will hold me fast
(Psalm 139:10; NIV).
1. Hold me fast
When I forget you.
2. Hold me, Father,
When I stray.
3. Hold me close
When I am weary.
4. Hold me
When I cannot pray.
5. Hold me safe
When I’m in danger.
6. Hold me, Father,
When I cry.
7. Hold me tight
When I’m in pain,
8. And hold me, Lord,
When I must die.
1. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle by the farthest sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast (Psalm 139:9-10; BSB).
2. I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands (Psalm 119:176; NIV).
3. The Lord will hold me close (Psalm 27:10; NLT).
4. I hold you by your right hand – I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, “Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you” (Isaiah 41:13; NLT).
We do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words (Romans 8:26; RSV).
5. You hold me safe beyond the reach of my enemies (Psalm 18:48; NLT).
6. Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry come to you (Psalm 102:1; ESV).
7. I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely (Psalm 63:8; NLT).
I am suffering and in pain (Psalm 69:29; NLT).
In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
8. All of us must die eventually (2 Samuel 14:14; NLT).
Our God is a God who saves! The Sovereign Lord rescues us from death (Psalm 68:20; NLT).
3 thoughts on “Hold me fast”
I had never stopped to ponder this very intimate aspect of being close to Him, that is Him holding me. It is not just Him holding a hand, but embracing you/me! We often need this beautiful assurance, thank you Ruth. I pray that He is holding you close today sister.
I’m smiling at your kind words, and wondering how you are today, Alan. May God bless you both, no matter what is happening in your lives XXXXXX
From cradle to grave and beyond, God is able to hold us fast. Amen!