Image: John Greece, Pixabay
1. You come to me
In fear and pain,
When every hope, Lord God,
2. You come when life is dark
To help me face
Your perfect will.
3. You come, Lord,
When my race is run,
And all my days on earth
4. You come when I am lost,
You come, at last,
To take me home.
1. Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you (Isaiah 35:4; NLT).
We have become old, dry bones – all hope is gone (Ezekiel 37:11; NLT).
2. My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine (Matthew 26:39; NLT).
You will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect (Romans 12:2; NLT).
3. My spirit is crushed, and my life is nearly snuffed out. The grave is ready to receive me (Job 17:1; NLT).
4. You have taken away my companions and my loved ones. Darkness is my closest friend (Psalm 88:18; NLT).
Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfil the scripture),“I thirst” (John 19:28; RSV).
You will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave (Psalm 16:10; NLT).
He restores my soul (Psalm 23:3; NKJV).