1. Lord, you are my sacred source,
My Maker, and my God.
You give me life, and breath, and food;
A mind, a heart, a voice.
2. You give me faith; a conscience, Lord;
Remorse, forgiveness, hope.
You give me independence, and invention,
3. You give me trials and sorrows, Lord;
You give me joy and peace.
You give me worship, prayer, and praise;
Delight, and comfort, too.
4. You give me help; salvation, Lord,
And your unfailing love.
Then you embrace my soul in death,
For I am one with you.
1. Everything we have has come from you (1 Chronicles 29:14; NLT).
He himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else (Acts 17:25; NIV).
2. It is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8; NIV).
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10; NLT).
3. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3; NLT).
4. He helps me (Psalm 28:7; NLT).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).