Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.”
(John 14:6; NLT).
1. May I grow like you, Lord,
For you’re the missing link –
A little more like you, my Way,
In everything I think.
2. May I grow like you, Lord,
For you’re the guide I seek –
A little more like you, my Truth,
In every word I speak.
3. May I grow like you, Lord,
For this is all I ask –
A little more like you, my Life,
As I face every task.
4. May I grow like you, Lord,
This is my only plea –
Then it will be no longer
I who lives, but you, in me.
It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.
(Galatians 2:20; NLT).
1. No one can come to the Father except through me (John 14:6; NLT).
Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart (Deuteronomy 15:9; ESV).
2. We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
3. Do everything with love (1 Corinthians 16:13-14; NLT).
4. We will be like him (1 John 3:2; NLT).
The Lord – who is the Spirit – makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image (2 Corinthians 3:18; NLT).
One thought on “Like you”