Give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18; RSV).
1. Thank you, Lord,
For this new day.
Please guide me
On your Little Way,
2. Then I will feel, think,
Say, and do
Everything with love,
3. No matter what
You give or take,
May I accept it
For your sake,
4. And strive to feel, think,
Say, and do
Everything with love –
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
(Galatians 5:6; NIV).
We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters.
(1 John 3:16; NLT).
1. The gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life (Matthew 7:14; NASB).
Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children, and walk in the way of love (Ephesians 5:2; NIV).
2. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ (Ephesians 5:2; NLT)
Don’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think (Romans 12:2; NLT).
We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
Do everything with love (1 Corinthians 16:14; NLT).
3. Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will leave this life. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; CSB).
My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done (Matthew 26:42; NIV).
4. As we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world (1 John 4:17; NLT).
*As taught by Sainte Thérèse de Lisieux.