The Spirit of God has made me,
and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
(Job 33:4; NLT).
1. Help us, Lord, to understand
That you, alone, give all we have,
2. And that you also take away –
For every life brings good and bad.
3. Help us to accept your will
With gladness, thanks, and constant prayer,
4. Trusting, Lord, that you’ll bring blessings
In the end, from all we bear.
We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him,
those whom he has called according to his purpose.
(Romans 8:28; GNT).
1. He himself gives life and breath to everything (Acts 17:25; NLT).
2. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; CSB).
When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one as well as the other (Ecclesiastes 7:14; NIV).
3. My Father! If this cup cannot be taken away unless I drink it, your will be done (Matthew 26:42; NLT).
I want your will to be done, not mine (Matthew 26:39; NLT).
Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; RSV).
4. Trust in God and trust also in me (John 14:1; NLT).