1. Are you weary? Do you suffer?
Burdened with fear, or care?
Come to God, who longs to help.
Lean on him; let him share.
2. Weep, and repent, and turn to him:
He will forgive your sin.
Then, be baptised in Jesus’ name.
Take up your cross, like him.
3. Welcome his Holy Spirit now.
He will reveal the way:
Living within to comfort you,
Guiding you every day.
4. Whatever God gives or takes from you,
Thank him for good and bad.
Praise him, rejoice, pray constantly.
Give, and share all you have.
5. Put others first, and learn to serve.
Cast off each selfish whim.
Shoulder your cross, and follow Christ:
Loving all, just like him.
1. Jesus said, “Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light” (Matthew 11:28-30; NLT).
The Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion (Isaiah 30:18; NLT).
2. Each of you must repent and turn to God, and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins (Acts 2:38; NLT).
If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me (Matthew 16:24; NLT).
3. I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor-Counsellor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever (John 14:16; AMP).
Don’t you realise that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16; NLT).
4. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; CSB).
When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one as well as the other (Ecclesiastes 7:14; NIV).
Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; RSV).
5. Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else (Mark 10:42-4; NLT).
Love your neighbour as yourself (Mark 12:31; NLT).
Love the stranger (Deuteronomy 10:19; NKJV).
Show love to foreigners (Deuteronomy 10:19; NLT).
Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-8; NIV).