Let me show you a way of life that is best of all.
(1 Corinthians 12:31; NLT).
1. Did you choose the finest cross?
The brightest nails?
The quickest death?
Did you select the gentlest way
To take your final breath?
2. No, you endured the roughest cross,
The coarsest nails,
The foulest death:
For us, you faced the darkest way
To take your final breath.
3. May I take up my cross, like you,
Accept the nails,
Embrace my death,
And gladly share your way of love
Until my final breath.
I will praise my God to my last breath.
(Psalm 104:33; NLT).
1. Then the soldiers nailed him to the cross (Mark 15:24; NLT).
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? (Mark 15:34; NLT).
Then Jesus shouted, “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” And with those words he breathed his last (Luke 23:46; NLT).
2. As Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside privately and told them what was going to happen to him. “Listen,” he said, “we’re going up to Jerusalem, where the Son of Man will be betrayed to the leading priests and the teachers of religious law. They will sentence him to die. Then they will hand him over to the Romans to be mocked, flogged with a whip, and crucified” (Matthew 20:17-19; NLT).
3. If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me (Matthew 16:24; NLT).
Together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering (Romans 8:17; NLT).
Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children, and walk in the way of love (Ephesians 5:2; NIV).
Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ (Ephesians 5:2; NLT).
We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us (1 John 3:16; NLT).