Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows
(John 16:33; NLT).
1. I don’t believe in “luck”, Lord God,
But in your holy will,
2. For you, alone, send gain and loss:
Joy, sorrow, good and ill.
3. This is how you teach and test us,
Helping us to grow
4. In love for all, until we live
As Christ did, long ago.
Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine (Luke 22:42; NLT).
As we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world (1 John 4:17; NLT).
1. What will happen to you for offering food and wine to the gods you call “Good Luck” and “Fate”? Your luck will end! (Isaiah 65:11-12; CEV).
Thy will be done (Matthew 6:10; KJV).
2. All things were made by Him (John 1:3; KJV).
Everything comes from you (1 Chronicles 29:14; NIV).
Should we accept only good things from the hand of God, and never anything bad? (Job 2:10; NLT).
Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will leave this life. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; CSB).
Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realise that both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life (Ecclesiastes 7:14; NLT).
3. Though the Lord gave you adversity for food and suffering for drink, he will still be with you to teach you (Isaiah 30:20; NLT).
God teaches people through suffering and uses distress to open their eyes (Job 36:15; GNT).
The Lord your God is testing you to see if you truly love him with all your heart and soul (Deuteronomy 13:3; NLT).
Grow to maturity (2 Corinthians 13:11; NLT).
4. May the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow (1 Thessalonians 3:12; NLT).
Do everything with love (1 Corinthians 16:14; NLT).
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT).
Three things will last forever – faith, hope, and love – and the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13; NLT).
Those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good (1 Peter 4:19; NIV).