Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows
(John 16:33; NLT).
1. Let’s face our trials and sorrows
Just like Christ,
2. Bearing our cross
As he bore sacrifice,
3. Doing our best to serve like him,
God’s Son –
4. Then, at last, he will say to us:
Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness! (Matthew 25:23; NIV).
1. If we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering (Romans 8:17; NLT).
As we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world. (1 John 4:17; NLT).
2. If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me (Luke 9:23; NLT).
He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds (Titus 2:14; NLT).
People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood (Romans 3:25; NLT).
3. You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him (Matthew 4:10; NLT).
Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many (Matthew 20:26-8; NLT).
Jesus Christ was revealed as God’s Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross (1 John 5:6; NLT).
4. The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face (1 Corinthians 13:12; NRSV).