Today’s prayer proved surprisingly difficult to put into words. I’ve been slowly working on it over the last couple of weeks.
God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
(John 3:16; NLT).
1. I pray that your great love for all
Will reign in every life, Lord God,
But if we won’t receive your love
Please send us peace, instead.
2. I ask that your eternal peace
Will dwell in every mind, Lord God,
But if we don’t accept your peace
Please teach us truth, instead.
3. I beg that your enduring truth
Will rule in every heart, Lord God,
But if we can’t believe your truth
Please grant us light, instead.
4. I plead that your unceasing light
Will shine in every soul, Lord God,
But if we don’t perceive your light
Please give us hope, instead.
The Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.
(Romans 15:4; NLT).
– God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
– He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12; NIV).
– I will make a covenant of peace with them, an everlasting covenant (Isaiah 9:6; NLT).
– The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
– Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me” (John 14:6; NLT).
– The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
– Even after Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him (John 11:37; NIV).
– When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12; NIV).
– God is light (1 John 1:5; NLT).
– You…are the hope of all the ends of the earth (Psalm 65:5; BBE).
– Put your hope in God (Psalm 43:5; NIV).
– If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God (Isaiah 50:10; NLT).
– The people who live in darkness will see a great light. On those who live in the dark land of death the light will shine (Matthew 4:16; GNT).