The inspiration for this prayer began yesterday, just before morning Mass at the Shrine of Our Lady of Rushen.
The believers were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.
(Acts 13:52; NLT).
1. Please fill us with your Spirit, Lord,
And let us share your joy.
2. Please fill us with your tenderness,
And let us share your peace.
3. Please fill us with your sorrow, Lord,
And let us share your pain.
4. Please fill us with your love for all:
Then we won’t live in vain.
Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless. But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God.
(Philippians 2:16-17; NLT).
* God is Spirit (John 4:24; NLT).
* The joy of the LORD is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10; NLT).
* Yahweh is tenderness (Psalm 103:8; NJB).
* The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
* He began to be sorrowful (Matthew 26:37; NIV).
* He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain (Isaiah 53:3; NIV).
* God is love (1 John 4:8; NLT).
* Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance (1 Corinthians 13:4-7; NLT).