1. Thank you for the mystery
At the heart, Lord,
Of our faith –
2. That you sent Christ,
Your only Son,
So we can see your face
3. In bread and wine –
Eternally with him,
4. Through whom we share
Your Spirit, Lord,
Who comes to dwell within.
1. This is the great mystery of our faith: Christ was revealed in a human body (1 Timothy 3:16; NLT).
2. God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16; NLT).
Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father (John 14:9; NLT).
3. He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body” (Luke 22:19; NIV).
He took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. And he said to them, “This is my blood” (Mark 14:23-4; NLT).
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, it it not the communion of the body of Christ? (1 Corinthians 10:16; NKJV).
4. We have all been baptised into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13; NLT).
You have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you (1 John 2:27; NLT).