1. You give, Lord God,
And also take away,
2. For you know everything
We need to learn
3. In exile here on earth,
So, when we die,
4. Our souls will long for you, Lord,
1. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised
(Job 1:21; NIV).
2. You will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect (Romans 12:2; NLT).
3. I sent them away to exile and brought them home again (Ezekiel 39:28; NLT).
4. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water (Psalm 63:1; NLT).
Return, O my soul, to your rest (Psalm 116:7; NLT).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).