Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,
“This is the way; walk in it” (Isaiah 30:21; NIV).
1. You always know what I
Should think, and say, and do:
May I follow in your steps
So I grow more like you.
2. May I listen to your words
As you explain God’s way,
So I can try my hardest, Lord,
To be like you today.
3. May I hear your still, small voice
That whispers what is best,
And follow your example
As I learn from every test.
4. May I make God’s law my own
When I face fire and flood,
Then I will slowly learn, like you,
To walk God’s way of love.
1. God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:21; NLT).
2. Didn’t our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us? (Luke 24:32; NLT).
3. The Lord is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray (Psalm 25:8; NLT).
4. They have made God’s law their own, so they will never slip from his path (Psalm 37:31; NLT).
We went through fire and flood (Psalm 66:12; NLT).
Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children, and walk in the way of love (Ephesians 5:2; NIV).