Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows
(John 16:33; NLT).
1. Let’s wake from the the nightmare
And think of the mountains
2. Let’s cast off the hell
Of our parents,
And rise above all
We have lost.
3. Let’s wake in the light
Of God’s kingdom
To think of his Son,
4. Let’s cast off depression
And rise in his strength –
Then we’ll live!
1. Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you (Ephesians 5:14; NIV).
The gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult (Matthew 7:14; NLT).
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me (Psalm 23:4; NLT).
2. Banish anxiety from you heart and and cast off the troubles of your body (Ecclesiastes 11:10; NIV).
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised (Job 1:21; NIV).
3. [Give] joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light (Colossians 1:12; NIV).
If you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you (Matthew 6:14; NIV).
4. Those who wait for the Lord’s help find renewed strength; they rise up as if they had eagles’ wings, they run without growing weary, they walk without getting tired (Isaiah 40:31; NET).
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10; NLT).