Give thanks in all circumstances
(1 Thessalonians 5:18; NIV).
1. Thank you, Lord,
For everything you give me,
For everything I have
Comes straight from you:
2. My way, my truth, my life,
My goal, my purpose;
My faith, my hope, my love:
Yours, through and through;
3. My blessings, Lord:
Each gift that makes me joyful;
Every cross that I must bear;
4. Help me to learn
From everything you send me,
Whilst thanking you
For all your tender care.
1. Give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18; NIV).
Everything comes from God (1 Corinthians 11:12; NIV).
2. Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6; NLT).
Three things will last forever – faith, hope, and love – and the greatest of these is love
(1 Corinthians 13:13; NLT).
Everything belongs to you (1 Chronicles 29:16; CSB).
3. They will be radiant because of the Lord’s good gifts (Jeremiah 31:12; NLT).
Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad? (Job 2:10; NLT).
The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord! (Job 1:21; NLT).
4. Don’t reject the Lord’s discipline, and don’t be upset when he corrects you. For the Lord corrects those he loves (Proverbs 3:11-12; NLT).
We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28; NIV).
He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
3 thoughts on “Thankfulness”
Ruth, I hope you don’t mind me repeatedly leaving a comment but I’m always taken by a word or phrase and all I can say is: thank you.
I don’t mind if you leave 1,000 comments, Ju. Anything you want to say is always very welcome. You never need to ask, check, or apologise. All your contributions are welcome. With love from Ruth XXXXXX
Life truly is a journey Ruth, a pathway illuminated by His Word of Truth.