Give thanks in all circumstances
(1 Thessalonians 5:18; NIV).
1. Thank you, Lord,
For everything you give me,
For everything I have
Comes straight from you:
2. My way, my truth, my life,
My goal, my purpose;
My faith, my hope, my love:
Yours, through and through;
3. My blessings, Lord:
Each gift that makes me joyful;
Every cross that I must bear;
4. Help me to learn
From everything you send me,
Whilst thanking you
For all your tender care.
1. Give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18; NIV).
Everything comes from God (1 Corinthians 11:12; NIV).
2. Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6; NLT).
Three things will last forever – faith, hope, and love – and the greatest of these is love
(1 Corinthians 13:13; NLT).
Everything belongs to you (1 Chronicles 29:16; CSB).
3. They will be radiant because of the Lord’s good gifts (Jeremiah 31:12; NLT).
Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad? (Job 2:10; NLT).
The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord! (Job 1:21; NLT).
4. Don’t reject the Lord’s discipline, and don’t be upset when he corrects you. For the Lord corrects those he loves (Proverbs 3:11-12; NLT).
We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28; NIV).
He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).