Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows
(John 16:33; NLT).
1. You understand our struggles
You understand our failures,
And our fears.
2. You understand our losses
You understand our anguish,
And our tears.
3. You understand our secrets
You understand our lives –
Each bitter pill.
4. You understand the tests
We must endure, Lord,
For you have shared them all –
And share them still.
1. He made their hearts, so he understands everything they do (Psalm 33:15; NLT).
The Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought (1 Chronicles 28:9; NIV).
2. When Mary arrived and saw Jesus, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if only you had been here, my brother would not have died” […] Then Jesus wept. The people who were standing nearby said, “See how much he loved him!” (John 11:32,35-6; NLT).
Being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground (Luke 22:44; NIV).
3. He knows the secrets of every heart (Psalm 44:21; NLT).
Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil (Luke 4:1-2; NIV).
If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine (Matthew 26:39; NLT).
They also gave me gall for my food, and for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink (Psalm 69:21; NKJV).
4. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all the same testings we do (Hebrews 4:15; NLT).
In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows (Isaiah 53:4; NIV).