In him we live and move and have our being
(Acts 17:28; NIV).
1. Help me, Lord, to seek
My inner “self” –
The hidden light
That always guides my way.
2. Help me to discern
My shadow “self” –
The honest truth
That talks with me each day.
3. Help me to explore
My silent “self” –
The secret peace
That brings me such great joy.
4. Help me to accept
My inmost “self” –
The healing love
That nothing can destroy.
5. Help me, then, to shed
My fragile “self” –
It’s only an illusion, Lord,
6. For I am one with you,
And you with me –
So nothing will remain of “self”
1. You will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all soul (Deuteronomy 4:29; NIV).
God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
2. You will know the truth and the truth will set you free (John 8:32; NLT).
The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
3. You will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand (Philippians 4:7; NLT).
The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
4. Three things will last forever – faith, hope, and love – and the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13; NLT).
God is love (1 John 4:16; NIV).
5. We ourselves are like fragile clay jars (2 Corinthians 4:7; NLT).
Common people are only a vapour; important people, an illusion (Psalm 62:9; CSB).
They will fade like a dream and not be found (Job 20:8; NLT).
6. I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one (John 17:22; NLT).
There is […] one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).