Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children,
and walk in the way of love (Ephesians 5:2; NIV).
1. We’re all at different stages
Of our journey back to you.
2. Please help us, Lord, with everything
We feel, think, say, and do.
3. May we be self-aware,
So we can catch ourselves, in time
4. To bear our feelings, mend our thoughts,
Then speak, and act, like you.
1. The dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NLT).
2. Out of the heart come evil thoughts – murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person (Matthew 15:19-20; NIV).
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:2; NIV).
Do not judge others, and you will not be judged (Luke 6:37; NLT).
What you say flows from what is in your heart (Luke 6:45; NLT).
Speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
Do everything with love (1 Corinthians 16:14; NLT).
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT).
3. I said to myself, “I will watch what I do and not sin in what I say. I will hold my tongue” (Psalm 39:1; NLT).
4. If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me (Luke 9:23; NLT).
We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5; NIV).
Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him (Colossians 3:10; NLT).