He will not crush the weakest reed
or put out the flickering candle
(Matthew 12:20; NLT).
1. May I listen carefully
To those whose paths cross mine,
At least, not hurting them, because
They are your holy shrine.
2. May I speak the truth in love
To those along my way,
At least, not wounding them, because
You care for them each day.
3. And may I ask your blessing, Lord,
For those whose lives I touch,
At least, not crushing them, because
You love them all so much.
1. The wise listen to others (Proverbs 12:15; NLT).
They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain (Isaiah 11:9; NKJV).
Do you not know that you are God’s temple? (1 Corinthians 3:16; RSV).
2. We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
The Lord cares deeply (Psalm 116:15: NLT).
3. Love your neighbour as yourself (Luke 10:27; NLT).
Love the stranger (Deuteronomy 10:19; NKJV).
Show love to foreigners (Deuteronomy 10:19; NLT).
Love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you (Luke 6:27-8; NLT).
God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16; NLT).