1. Living God,
I’m your unworthy temple,
Where you shroud yourself
In darkness from my sight.
2. My mind, and heart, and soul
Dwell in your darkness,
But your closeness comforts me
Both day and night.
3. Lord, may I accept
This inner darkness,
Trusting in your presence
And your love,
4. Then I’ll gladly walk with you
Where we are one,
United through Christ’s blood.
1. I am not even worthy to come and meet you (Luke 7:7; NLT).
You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).
He shrouded himself in darkness (2 Samuel 22:12; NLT).
No one has ever seen God (John 1:18; NLT).
2. He has made me dwell in darkness (Psalm 143:3; NKJV).
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me (Psalm 23:4; NLT).
3. You have taken away my companions and my loved ones. Darkness is my closest friend (Psalm 88:18; NLT).
We have put our trust in his love (1 John 4:16; NLT).
4. If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God (Isaiah 50:10; NLT)
The person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him (1 Corinthians 6:17; NLT).
You have been brought near to him through the blood of Christ (Ephesians 2:13; NLT).