Father, forgive them,
for they don’t know what they are doing
(Luke 23:34; NLT).
1. When someone hurts me
How can I explain
2. I try so hard
To speak the truth, Lord, gently,
But then they turn on me,
And are incensed.
3. I pray for them,
But their love has changed to hate.
4. Lord, how can I set boundaries
So they don’t blame me,
1. If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them (Luke 17:3; NIV).
2. We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely, the one who shared my food, has turned against me (Psalm 41:9; NLT).
3. Pray for those who hurt you (Luke 6:28; NLT).
See how many enemies I have and how viciously they hate me! (Psalm 25:19; NLT).
4. Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behaviour. Instead, be kind to each other, just as God through Christ has forgiven you (Ephesians 4:31-2; NLT).
Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us (Luke 11:4; NLT).