Image: kalhh, Pixabay
Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice (Psalm 55:17; KJV).
1. I seek you when I wake, Lord,
And after noon:
Please hear my sighs,
Draw near to me,
And bring me comfort, soon.
2. I search for you each evening, Lord,
And long for you
Please see my tears,
And come to me,
So I may glimpse your light.
3. I thirst for you unceasingly,
Your warm embrace:
Please heed my cries,
And take me home –
Then I will see your face.
“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord (Jeremiah 29:13-14; NIV).
1. In the morning I earnestly seek for God (Isaiah 26:9; NLT).
In the multitude of my thoughts within me, thy comforts delight my soul (Psalm 94:19; ASV).
2. All night long I search for you (Isaiah 26:9; NLT).
For those who live in a land of deep darkness, a light will shine (Isaiah 9:2; NLT).
3. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? (Psalm 42:2; NLT).
So he returned to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him (Luke 15:20; NLT).
The dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NLT).
Now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face (1 Corinthians 13:12; NRSV).