Context: This song of praise began to form whilst I was dancing for joy in the shower. When I got out to wrap myself in a large, homely towel, I was able to note it down. It was a pleasure to work on it during a completely unstructured day of rest following my long journey.
Don’t be afraid. Just have faith (Mark 5:36; NLT).
1. I’m wrapped in faith, in hope and truth;
In praise and peace that never end.
2. I’m wrapped in joy, in thanks and prayer;
In all you give, and take and lend.
3. I’m wrapped in weakness and in strength;
In everything you make and send.
4. I’m wrapped in sickness, life and death;
In all you wound, and break and mend.
5. I’m wrapped in ecstasy and light;
In shadow, and the love of Christ.
I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings (Psalm 63:7; NLT).
May you experience the love of Christ (Ephesians 3:19; NLT).
1. Three things will last forever – faith, hope, and love (1 Corinthians 13:13; NLT).
The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
2. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; NIV).
The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; CSB).
3. My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9; NLT).
The Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength (Isaiah 26:4; KJV).
He created the earth and everything in it (Isaiah 42:5; NLT).
Everything you have is from God (1 Corinthians 4:7; NLT).
4. He himself sent this sickness (Isaiah 38:15; NLT).
The LORD gives both death and life (1 Samuel 2:6; NLT).
He breaks the bow and snaps the spear (Psalm 46:9; NLT).
He breaks the pride of princes (Psalm 76:12; NLT).
I am the one who wounds and heals (Deuteronomy 32:39; NLT).
5. I became in ecstasy (Acts 22:17; DBY).
Then she was in ecstasy (2 Chronicles 9:4; BST).
God is light (1 John 1:5; NLT).
In his shadow have I rapture (Song of Songs 2:3; DBY).
God is love (1 John 4:8; NLT).