The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love
(Galatians 5:6; NIV).
1. Love God, and all.
Give thanks, and pray.
2. Rejoice; forgive;
And serve, each day.
3. Be kind, and humble.
Bear your cross;
4. And follow Christ
Through every loss.
1. Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these” (Mark 12:29-31; NLT).
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; NIV).
2. If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you (Matthew 6:14; NLT).
Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all” (Mark 9:35; NIV).
3. A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone (2 Timothy 2:24; NLT).
Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves (Philippians 2:3; NLT).
Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
4. God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example and you must follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:21; NLT).
1. May I start afresh today,
And leave my setbacks
2. May I try again, Lord,
To be patient, frank,
3. May my heart and mind
Commune with yours, Lord:
4. As I listen for your quiet voice,
So I may do
1. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning (Lamentations 3:23; NLT).
Get rid of your sins, and leave all iniquity behind you (Job 11:4; NLT).
2. Better to be patient than powerful; better to have self-control than to conquer a city (Proverbs 16:32; NLT).
We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people (2 Timothy 2:24; NLT).
Love your enemies and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the selfish (Luke 6:35; RSV).
3. Pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
Pray about everything (Philippians 4:6; NLT).
Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge (Psalm 62:8; NLT).
Be silent before the Sovereign Lord (Zephaniah 1:7; NIV).
Be still in the presence of the Lord (Psalm 37:7; NLT).
4. After the fire came a gentle whisper (1 Kings 19:12; NIV).
Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, “This is the way you should go” (Isaiah 30:21; NLT).
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing (Psalm 143:10; NLT).