Image: Makri27, Pixabay
1. May I care for others, Lord,
And also for myself,
2. Mindful of their thinking, Lord,
And also of my own;
3. Conscious of their feelings, Lord,
And mine, too, deep within –
4. Then I will speak the truth in love,
But, Lord, I will not sin.
1. Love your neighbour as yourself (Luke 10:27; NLT).
To acquire wisdom is to love oneself (Proverbs 19:8; NLT).
2. We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5; NIV).
3. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn (Romans 12:15; NRSV).
Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? (Psalm 42:5; NLT).
4. We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
Be angry but do not sin (Ephesians 4:26; RSV).
I will watch what I do and not sin in what I say (Psalm 39:1; NLT).