You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
(Psalm 63:1; NIV).
1. Father God, I seek you,
Mother God, I greet you,
Mighty God, transcending all,
Your Spirit falls like dew.
2. Father, I adore you,
Mother, I implore you,
Spirit, intercede for me,
Forgive me, make me new.
3. Father, you defend me,
Mother, you befriend me,
Spirit, plead within my soul
Till I am one with you.
4. Clouds and darkness hide you,
Yet I walk beside you
In the light of your dear Son,
For Christ is shining through.
For you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture.
(Malachi 4:2; NLT).
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life” (John 8:12; NLT).
His face shone like the sun (Matthew 18:2; NIV).
1. Transcendent power belongs to God (2 Corinthians 4:7; RSV).
Your life-giving light will fall like dew on your people (Isaiah 26:19; NLT).
Let my teaching fall on you like rain; let my speech settle like dew. Let my words fall like rain on tender grass, like gentle showers on young plants (Deuteronomy 32:2; NLT).
2. The Spirit, too, comes to help us in our weakness. For we don’t know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit expresses our plea with groanings too deep for words. And God, who knows everything in our hearts, knows perfectly well what the Spirit is saying, because her intercessions for God’s holy people are made according to the mind of God (Romans 26:27; TIV).
3. Don’t you realise that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16; NLT).
So you also are complete through your union with Christ (Colossians 2:10; NLT).
4. Clouds and thick darkness surround him (Psalm 97:2; NIV).
He makes darkness his secret place, around him, his dwelling place, darkness of waters, thick clouds of the skies (Psalm 18:11; LSV).
You are a God who hides (Isaiah 45:15; CSB).
Walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:8; NLT).
Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God (John 20:31; NLT).