I desire to do your will, my God (Psalm 40:8; NLT).
Please remove from me
All foolish pride and vanity;
All judging of my fellows, Lord:
Your will, my mind – In full accord.
Please remove from me
All selfishness and jealousy;
All quarrelling, and hatred, Lord:
Your will, my heart – In true accord.
Please remove from me
All arrogance and gluttony;
All callousness, and slander, Lord:
Your will, my soul – In one accord.
1. I will not endure conceit and pride (Psalm 101:5; NLT).
Do not judge others, and you will not be judged (Luke 6:37; NLT).
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:5; NKJV).
2. When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarrelling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties and other sins like these (Galatians 5:19-21; NLT).
He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love (Romans 5:5; NLT).
I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever (Jeremiah 32:39; NLT).
3. From within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you (Mark 7:21-22; NLT).
I hate pride and arrogance (Proverbs 8:13; NLT).
I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbours (Psalm 101:5; NLT).
He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him (1 Corinthians 6:17; NKJV).
I walk by faith,
I hear no voice;
I see no light.
Please help me, Father – Take my hand, And lead me To your Promised Land.
I live by faith,
I walk, alone,
Through endless night.
Please help me, Father – Guide my feet, And lead me to Your Mercy Seat.
1. We walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7; NKJV).
Help me, O Lord (Psalm 30:10; NLT).
I will take you by the hand and guard you (Isaiah 42:6; NLT).
I will lead you to a land flowing with milk and honey (Exodus 3:17; NLT).
When Pharaoh finally let the people go, God did not lead them along the main road that runs through Philistine territory, even though that was the shortest route to the Promised Land (Exodus 13:17; NLT).
2. We live by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7; NET).
If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God (Isaiah 50:10; NLT).
Come quickly, Lord, and help me (Psalm 40:13; NLT).
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path (Psalm 119:105; NLT).
God publicly displayed him [Jesus] at his death as the mercy seat accessible through faith (Romans 3:25; NET).
There is […] one God and Father,
who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
1. May I love each child, Lord God,
Because they are your cradle.
2. May I love each neighbour, Lord,
Because they are your home.
3. May I love each stranger, Lord,
Because they are your temple.
4. May I love each enemy,
Because they are your throne.
5. May I love you, Father God,
Because you make and keep me.
6. May I love you, Jesus Christ,
Because you cleanse my sin.
7. May I love you, Holy Ghost,
Because you never leave me;
8. And may I even love my self –
Because you dwell within.
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love
(Galatians 5:6; NIV).
1. Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me (Matthew 18:5; NLT).
Jesus, […] though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men (Philippians 2:5-7; ESV).
2. Love your neighbour (Luke 10:27; NLT).
Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them” (John 14:23; NLT).
3. Love the stranger (Deuteronomy 10:19; NKJV).
Show love to foreigners (Deuteronomy 10:19; NLT).
You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).
4. Love your enemies! (Matthew 5:44; NLT).
He loves all his people (Deuteronomy 33:3; NLT).
5. You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind (Luke 10:27; NLT).
Your hands shaped me and made me (Job 10:8; NIV).
The Lord keeps me alive! (Psalm 54:4; NLT).
6. Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you (John 21:17; NLT).
I will cleanse them of their sins (Jeremiah 33:8; NLT).
7. He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love (Romans 5:5; NLT).
I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, [Comforter, Encourager, Counsellor] who will never leave you (John 14:16; NLT).
8. Love your neighbour as yourself (Luke 10:27; NLT).
All who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
1. Be an instant friend
For strangers –
Everyone whose path you cross.
2. Be an instant friend
For strangers –
Those in trouble, need, or loss.
3. Be an instant friend
For strangers –
Helping is our sacred task.
4. Be an instant friend
For strangers – Love is all our Father asks.
1. See the Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37; NLT).
2. Which of these three would you say was a neighbour to the man who was attacked by bandits?” Jesus asked. The man replied, “The one who showed him mercy.” Then Jesus said, “Yes, now go and do the same” (Luke 10:36-7; NLT).
3. I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me (Matthew 25:35-6; NLT).
4. Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40; NIV).
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT).
Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all” (Mark 9:35; NIV).
In due season God will judge everyone, both good and bad, for all their deeds (Ecclesiastes 3:17; NLT).
Now we see things imperfectly,
like puzzling reflections…
1. Light on water,
Fire from heaven.
2. Peace rains down
On earth, forever.
Love for all,
3. Truth streams out
To every mortal.
Faith is offered:
Make your choice!
4. Hope floods down
To all the nations:
Seek God’s Kingdom!
Hear his voice!
5. Ask the Father
To forgive you.
Into your soul,
6. Then, take your cross,
And follow Christ,
For he, alone,
Can make you whole.
…but then we will see everything with perfect clarity
(1 Corinthians 13:12; NLT).
1. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
I am the light of the world (John 8:12; NLT).
Rivers of living water will flow from his heart (John 7:38; NLT).
God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; NIV).
I am with you always, even to the end of the age (Matthew 28:20; NLT).
God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ (John 1:17; NLT).
2. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
He made peace with everything in heaven and earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross (Colossians 1:20; NLT).
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you (John 14:27; NKJV).
God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16; NLT).
He took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them and said, “Each of you drink from it, for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many” (Matthew 26:27-8; NLT).
He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes (Romans 1:16; NLT).
The promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift (Romans 4:16; NLT).
Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make (Deuteronomy 13:19; NLT).
4. I pray that God, the source of all hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13; NLT).
My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm (Isaiah 51:5; NLT).
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously (Matthew 6:33; NLT).
Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts (Hebrews 4:7; NLT).
5. Perhaps even yet they will turn from their evil ways and ask the Lord’s forgiveness before it is too late (Jeremiah 36:7; NLT).
To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12; NIV).
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
6. Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me”(John 14:6; NLT).
He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole (Isaiah 53:5; RSV).