People look at the outside appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7; NIV).
1. At the heart of our faith, Lord:
Your way to the cross.
2. At the heart of our sorrow:
Your truth, and its cost.
3. At the heart of our worship:
Your body and blood.
4. At the heart of our mourning:
Your death, and your love.
5. At the heart of our hope, Lord:
Your rising again.
6. At the heart of our gladness:
Your kingdom, and reign.
7. At the heart of our purpose:
Your gospel and grace.
8. At the heart of our yearning:
Your kiss, and embrace.
1. He humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross (Philippians 2:8; NLT).
2. Pilate turned to the leading priests and to the crowd and said, “I find nothing wrong with this man!” Then they became insistent. “But he is causing riots by his teaching wherever he goes” (Luke 23:4-5; NLT).
3. He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me. In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you” (Luke 22:19-20; NIV).
4. We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us (1 John 3:16; NLT).
5. He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world (Revelation 1:5; NLT).
6. The kingdom of God is within you (Luke 17:21; NKJV).
7. My life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned to me by the Lord Jesus – the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God (Acts 20:24; NLT).
We are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus (Acts 15:11; NLT).
8. While he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him (Luke 15:20; NIV).
1. From earth, Lord, to infinity
We all return, one day.
2. From suffering to perfect health
Our spirits fly away.
3. From wretchedness to happiness
Our souls, at last, will come
4. From death to immortality,
When our race has been run.
5. Yet all this can be ours in life:
Your kingdom is so near –
6. A prayer, kind word, or action
And your kingdom, Lord, is here.
7. Then we will live in heaven on earth,
Released from fear and sin,
8. United in our love, Lord,
For your kingdom is within!
1. Return, O my soul, to your rest (Psalm 116:7: ESV).
2. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain (Revelation 21:4; NLT).
3. Come and share your master’s happiness! (Matthew 25:21; NIV).
4. To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honour and immortality, he will give eternal life (Romans 2:7; NIV). I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful (2 Timothy 4:7; NLT).
5. Above all, you must live as citizens of heaven (Philippians 1:27; NLT). The Kingdom of God is near (Luke 10:11; NLT).
6. Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT). The Kingdom of God is already among you (Luke 17:21; NLT).
7. Perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18; NKJV). He gave his life to free us from from every kind of sin (Titus 2:14; NLT).
8. Whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17; NIV). The kingdom of God is within you (Luke 17:21; NKJV).