Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.
(Psalm 23:4; KJV).
1. When I die,
I’ll leave behind this body.
2. When I die,
These thoughts will simply cease.
3. When I die,
This heart will beat no more, Lord,
4. But my spirit, which is you,
Will rest in peace.
1. The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
2. How frail is humanity! How short is life, how full of trouble! We blossom like a flower and then wither. Like a passing shadow, we quickly disappear (Job 14:1-2; NLT).
3. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted within me (Psalm 22:14; NIV).
4. There is a spirit within people, the breath of the Almighty within them (Job 32:8; NLT).
God is Spirit (John 4:24; NLT).
We all share the same Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13; NLT).
You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).
Those who follow godly paths will rest in peace when they die (Isaiah 57:2; NLT).