The Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion (Isaiah 30:18; NLT).
1. God waits for us
To come to him.
He waits to pardon
All our sin.
2. He waits to bless us
Every day —
And all we need to do
3. God waits to bear
Our pain and fear.
He waits, though he
Is always near.
4. He waits to help
With every task —
And all we need to do
5. God waits to bind
Our wounds, and heal.
He waits to share
In how we feel.
6. He waits, though we
Are only dust —
And all we need to do
The Lord longs to be gracious to you
(Isaiah 30:18; NIV).
1. You are a God of forgiveness (Nehemiah 9:17; NLT).
2. Pray about everything (Philippians 4:6; NLT).
Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
3. He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows (Isaiah 53:4; NKJV).
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me (Psalm 23:4; NIV).
4. Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28; NLT).
Tell God what you need (Philippians 4:6; NLT).
5. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (Psalm 147:3; NIV).
In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
6. He knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust (Psalm 103:14; NLT).
Trust in God and trust also in me (John 14:1; NLT).
When they came to the place called The Skull, they nailed him to the cross [and] Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing” (Luke 23:33-4; NLT).
When someone hurts me,
Please help me to forgive,
To love, and bless, and pray for them,
However long they live.
When someone harms me,
Please help me to be glad,
Thanking you for what they did,
For you bring good from bad.
When someone wounds me,
Please help me to hold on,
For you bring hope from everything,
Although my hope is gone.
When someone grieves me,
Please help me to rejoice;
Then peace will be my watchword,
And your way of love, my choice.
To him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! (Ephesians 3:20-21; NIV).
1. If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you (Matthew 6:14; NLT).
Love your enemies! (Matthew 5:44; NLT).
Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you (Luke 6:27; NLT).
2. I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, prosecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:10; NLT).
Should we accept only good from the hand of God, and never anything bad? (Job 2:10; NLT).
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God (Philippians 4:6; NIV).
Be thankful in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18; NLT).
In all things God works for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28; NIV).
3. Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise (Hebrews 10:23; NLT).
“I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11; NLT).
The terrible storm raged for many days, blotting out the sun and the stars, until at last all hope was gone (Acts 27:20; NLT).
4. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us to develop endurance (Romans 5:3; NLT).
Let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts (Colossians 3:15; NLT).
This short dialogue is the starting-point for today’s prayer:
Moses:Show me your glorious presence.
God: I will make all my goodness pass before you. But you may not look directly at my face, for no one may see me and live. Look, stand near me on this rock. As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by (Exodus 33:18-22; NLT).
1. With thick clouds, Lord, you shield me
From your glory,
While you dwell within my flesh,
To give me life.
2. With shadows, you protect me
From your brilliance,
While you dwell within my mind,
To give me light.
3. With darkness, you preserve me
From your power,
While you dwell within my heart,
To give me rest;
4. And though my anguish
Blinds me to your presence,
You dwell within my soul,
So I am blest.
1. Thick clouds swirl about him (Job 22:14; NIV).
God is my shield (Psalm 7:10; NLT).
There is […] one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
He himself gives life and breath to everything (Acts 17:25; NLT).
2. He has hidden me in the shadow of his hand (Isaiah 49:2; NLT).
He […] protects those who suffer (Job:11; NLT).
His face was like the sun in all its brilliance (Revelation 1:16; NLT).
The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness (Psalm 18:28; NLT).
3. He shrouded himself in darkness (2 Samuel 22:12; NLT).
The Lord preserves the simple (Psalm 116:6; RSV).
All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his (Jude 1:25; NLT).
I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28; NLT).
4. How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? (Psalm 13:2; NLT).
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? (Psalm 22:1; NLT).
My eyes are blinded by my tears (Psalm 88:9; NLT).
You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).
God blesses those who are poor in spirit, and realise their need for him (Matthew 5:3; NLT).
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation (James 1:12; NLT).