Image: Zac Durant, Unsplash
Your right hand will hold me fast
(Psalm 139:10; NIV).
1. Hold me fast
When I forget you.
2. Hold me, Father,
When I stray.
3. Hold me close
When I am weary.
4. Hold me
When I cannot pray.
5. Hold me safe
When I’m in danger.
6. Hold me, Father,
When I cry.
7. Hold me tight
When I’m in pain,
8. And hold me, Lord,
When I must die.
1. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle by the farthest sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast (Psalm 139:9-10; BSB).
2. I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands (Psalm 119:176; NIV).
3. The Lord will hold me close (Psalm 27:10; NLT).
4. I hold you by your right hand – I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, “Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you” (Isaiah 41:13; NLT).
We do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words (Romans 8:26; RSV).
5. You hold me safe beyond the reach of my enemies (Psalm 18:48; NLT).
6. Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry come to you (Psalm 102:1; ESV).
7. I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely (Psalm 63:8; NLT).
I am suffering and in pain (Psalm 69:29; NLT).
In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
8. All of us must die eventually (2 Samuel 14:14; NLT).
Our God is a God who saves! The Sovereign Lord rescues us from death (Psalm 68:20; NLT).